Páginas

Friday 25 October 2013

Avatars in the classroom

I was not able to go to the first class of Técnicas Informáticas... but from what I have read on all my classmates' blogs, you have been discussing the use of avatars in the classroom. I was thinking that maybe we could use them to make a guess-who game, in which students practice making questions while trying to guess whose avatar the other person has chosen.
Avatars could also be used to prepare some comic strip. I tried creating a not-so-comic one about WWI using Bitstrips, and though it came out weird-looking, my students loved it and will be creating their own next week and sharing them on the classroom blog.
For younger students, I thought it might be nice to use avatars for a take-home reading comprehension in which they are given a description and they have to create the corresponding avatar.

Here's my avatar:

And, here's the Harry Potter avatar I created once-upon-a-time:

 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your ideas! I will try to use them in my Lit classes at school. I particularly loved the guess-who game.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ideas are great!! I loved the second avatar! Another Harry Potter fan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently teaching very young students so I don't think I can apply the guess-who game but I really loved this idea. I haven't thought of it before. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete